Nice to meet you! I’m Margot, and I’ll be the new community manager round these parts.
I believe unequivocally that people are (pardon my language) the bee’s knees. I’m continually reminded of this at Ridejoy, which is why I’m so delighted to be working here. I’ve spoken to many of you through email and you’ve all been incredibly open to telling me about your(awesome)selves, so I thought I’d reciprocate.
I’ve included a number of facts about myself below (the majority of which are largely true!)
- I’m a voracious devourer of podcasts, sandwiches and less occasionally, children.
- Sir Winston Churchill once referred to me as “a riddle, wrapped in an enigma, wrapped in a margot” at my knighting ceremony in 1952.
- My absolute favorite romantic zombie comedy (i.e. rom-zom-com) is Shaun of the Dead. It also happens to take the cake for my favorite movie of all time. No. of times watched: upwards of seven. (Accept no substitutes. I’m looking at you, Zombieland!)
- After participating in the vibrant CouchSurfing communities in Europe and Hong Kong, I’m officially head over heels for the ethos of collaborative consumption and the joys of connecting with strangers. To quote George Saunders, “It’s a big world, and I really like it.”
- I love how common ridesharing is across Europe and I believe that we can fundamentally change the way Americans view ridesharing with Ridejoy.
- I’ve always been intrigued (and touched) by the kindness of strangers in online communities like MetaFilter. I’m exhilarated by the opportunity to help foster a supportive and warm ridesharing community from scratch.
- I firmly believe terrific customer service is one of the best things since punctuation/sugar-free pudding/professional wrestling.
*Fun fact: The title of this blog post is also the same as the title of my original cover letter for this job. As well as a reference to a splendid children’s book.
Refer a hire and you both get Ridejoy's Ultimate Collaborative Consumption Package!
$1000 credit for Airbnb, Taskrabbit, Grubwithus, Getaround, RelayRides, Skillshare, or more.